Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Amazing Roach


How would you like to look up at this every time you entered the bathroom?  For the last month, a section of the molding around the bathroom ceiling has been torn down.  A man was supposed to fix it, but alas, it obviously hasn't happened yet.  
When I first saw this lovely roach, I was afraid my house was infested.  I have since learned that this guy is dead because in four weeks, he has yet to move even a little leg hair.  As you can see, the leg hairs are still intact, which got me wondering, How long does it take a sewer roach to decompose?  


Although I did not find my answer, I did find these fascinating facts about cockroaches:
http://listverse.com/2009/03/30/10-fascinating-talking-points-about-cockroaches/

And, if you want to be even more impressed, I recommend reading the Gregor the Overlander series; I'll never look at a cockroach the same again. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, mi hija! I was looking forward to seeing the wildlife on our visit to Colombia, but I didn't realize you had so much of it right there in your apartment!!!! You do have Hiltons there, right?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting that you somehow survive in a place where even roaches die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd suggest a name might be in order here. Hmmm..."Cocky"? or "Encroach"? Just a few ideas. I'm sure you will come up with something until his body has been removed.

    ReplyDelete