Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Visit


On Wednesday, March 25th, Mama and Dad landed in Cartagena.  Loving Colombia as much as I do, I was anxious to show them this beautiful country and have them experience traveling in a third-world country.  
Even after a red-eye flight, they were wide-eyed and chipper when I picked them up.  Dropping their luggage off at the hotel, we set off in the heat of the day to walk around el Centro.  This may not have been the best idea because Cartagena was going through a hot spell, and the humidity was high.  Luckily, we found an air-conditioned cafe to cool ourselves down in.  
The next day, Mama and Dad visited my school where I was constantly hearing (for days afterward, too) comments on how young my parents are and how much I look like my mom.  Lucky me.
That evening, Guadalupe came to my rescue and made a typical Costeño meal for us.  This was after working her butt off all week at her other employer's house.  Have I said how much I love the lady?  


Although I am happy Mama and Dad saw my place of residence, I do believe they were relieved to fly out Friday afternoon for cooler temperatures.  It probably didn't help that as we were leaving my apartment for the airport, the power suddenly went out, and Dad had to lug two suitcases down twenty flights of stairs...in the humidity...with no A/C.  Ahhhh....Colombia!

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you look like me that must make me beautiful!!! And young to boot! Does it get any better, I ask you????? It must just make you feel good to know what you have to look forward to, Beverly. You're welcome!!! :)

    ReplyDelete