Monday, May 30, 2016

Colorado Trip

The weekend after Suesca, I flew to Colorado to help Bianca wedding dress shop.  It was mid-May, and the temperatures were literally freezing.  One day, the high was a measly 46 degrees.  Seriously?  Luckily, there were heaters everywhere, so the weather merely confirmed my love of warm, humid climates.

Upon arriving in Denver, Bianca, Mama, Katie and I all shared a lovely hotel suite:  two separate bedrooms, a kitchenette, a living room, and the pièce de résistance, hot water!  Yes, yes, I know:  this is the United States; of course they have hot water.  It doesn't matter.  I still greatly appreciate the luxury.

We spent that night catching up and got an early start the next morning.  Bianca had appointments at three different bridal stores.  Ummmm....never having been married, I had absolutely no idea there were so many styles to choose from.  Bianca must have tried on at least thirty dresses before narrowing her choices down to two.  (It's a problem when one looks good in everything she tries on.)

Being a monumental decision, we stopped at a winery down the road from the last bridal shop to help clear our heads.  Picking up some wine from Costco, we belted out Matchbox Twenty all the way to Outback where we refueled before kicking back at the hotel.


Fresh the following morning, we stopped at both stores so Bianca could try on the final two dresses.  Boy, is she going to be a beauty in the one she picked!

Thoroughly elated, we stopped by to see Bianca and Tim's new house before meeting Dad and Tim for a bite to eat.  It is exciting to see a new chapter in Bianca's life beginning.

That night, Mama, Dad and I stayed in Fort Collins with Tim (brother) and Katie.  It was good to see their four kids again and get to know them a bit more.  On Monday, we grabbed lunch and walked around (in the rain)  in downtown Fort Collins, a pleasant way to spend the day.  My flight left Monday late night, so poor Dad drove me all the way to the airport.  Luckily, we grabbed some Starbucks before heading out and had enjoyable conversations, so the ride went quickly.

For such a short trip, I feel I was able to pack in quite a bit of bonding time, and I look forward to seeing everyone again this summer.  Plus, two girls' weekends in a row isn't too shabby.

1 comment:

  1. Great picture of you gals and I'd say two girls weekends in a row is a real coup! Keep it up!
    Can't wait to see Bianca on Sept 22 in her new gown!

    ReplyDelete