Saturday, November 21, 2015

Cabildo: Second Year

Do you remember the Cabildo dances from last year?  Well, I signed up for them again this year because for some reason, making a fool of myself in front of the whole school appeals to me.  

This time, we only had four practices, and they were spaced way apart over two and a half months.  I was not prepared, and it shows in the videos.  I will say, though, that I thoroughly enjoyed the practices and dressing up the part of a professional Colombian dancer.  

This first dance is the Fandango to the song "Los Tres Clarinetes".  The Fandango was developed in the 18th century and is supposed to be a dance for couples.  Alas, there are more girls than boys in the school, but we made do.  I am on the left, second line, in a blue dress and yellow hair bow.



The second dance is Champeta to the popular song "La Especula".  Champeta is a mix of African and Latin dance moves and requires a bit more movement.  I was so relieved that I was cut out from the camera's view for parts of the dance because I made tons of mistakes.  If it wasn't for Jenn in the middle front (the one who knows what she's doing), half of us would've been lost.  You'll be able to tell exactly where I am: long, blond hair with no rhythm. 


Although I was smiling in most of the pictures, this is how I was really feeling.



1 comment:

  1. Mi hija, tu eres tan hermosa! De ahora en adelante, voy a llamarte "La Bonita!" Tu hermana, Maria, puede ser "La Bonita Pequena!" (Recuerdas "PLO"?)
    O, "La Bonita-ita"!!!!!!! Pues, todo es verdad.

    ReplyDelete