Saturday, November 21, 2015

Guatemala

Last week we had another break so Cartagena could celebrate its independence. Elizabeth and I decided to celebrate in our own way...by traveling around Guatemala. 

With limited time, we only visited three of the main tourist sites with a couple ten-hour travel days inbetween.  The countryside is beautiful, the people friendly, and the food delicious.  It took me back to my Mexican roots.  Okay, I don't actually have any Latina blood in me, but I've always had a fond place in my heart for the Mexicanos.



The best part of the food was the corn tortillas served with the authentic meals and the refried beans.  I became a coffee drinker while there.  One, it comes with the breakfasts, and two, it was downright comforting since it was mostly rainy and chilly.  Granted, it kept my heart elevated until way past bedtime, but it was so worth it.

Burrito with horchata, one of my favorite drinks.  

A typical breakfast (although usually served with warmed tortillas): eggs, beans, cheese, and plaintains.

No comments:

Post a Comment