Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Match

On Friday, there was a "friendly" match in Miami between Colombia and Brazil.  [For anyone who followed the World Cup, there were some angry complaints against the referees' calls during the game (Colombia vs. Brazil) that ultimately got Colombia kicked out of the competition.] 
We met at Laboratorio in the Getsemani neighborhood.  This bar served only rum drinks, including fruit-infused rum.  Some of us ordered the blackberry, mango and pear rums, and after trying them all, I can safely say that not all things taste good with mango.  


Yes, I realize that some were not prepared for this picture, but it's hard to get everyone looking at once in a loud bar.  

The owner, Diego, has this vicariously hung projector spanning across the ceiling.  Someone accidentally unplugged it in the middle of the game, and it took about five minutes to get up and running again.  Nobody seemed to mind, but I'm pretty sure a fight would've happened had it been a major game.  

At first, I felt badly for the bartenders because their backs were to the game.  That is, until I saw them looking at the giant mirror directly behind me.  Needless to say, I was quite disappointed that I hadn't noticed it before; what better way to check my teeth than letting the whole bar see me?  

On a completely unrelated note, Brazil won, one to nothing.  

1 comment:

  1. How ever will you survive without your personal teeth checker? I think I must move to Cartagena immediately because everyone is surely talking about that giant piece of mango stuck in your teeth.

    ReplyDelete