Saturday, October 25, 2014

Santiago


Christy left Santiago late Saturday night, which left me to wander around the city on Sunday.  My favorite part was sitting in a cafe, drinking Lady Grey tea, and eating this delicious triple chocolate cake.  I am craving a slice with a large glass of milk right now but am trying to fend off temptation by just drinking some wine.  Seeing the picture is not helping.



As much as I enjoyed Chile, I was relieved to be home.  Some takeaways on Chile (at least the parts I saw):
1.  It is extremely expensive.  A normal sandwich with no fries costs sixteen dollar.  I do believe I spent almost as much on food as on the plane ticket. 
2.  They have some delicious bread there: crispy crusts and soft centers.
3.  The air is incredibly dry and blows up allergies like no other. 
4.  It reminded me of the United States (not a bad thing but not something I want when traveling to a foreign country).  The only differences I could discern were the lack of free restrooms and the Spanish being spoken.  

No comments:

Post a Comment