Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Run

On the fourth of October, Christy and I took a red-eye flight to Santiago, Chile to spend the week.  We landed around six in the morning and were able to make it through immigration and customs in a fair amount of time before heading to Jessica's house (Christy's friend).  Donning our running attire, we made it to the starting gate on time.  Jessica had already planned on doing a 5k for Women's Health and invited us to join.  



There was a festival feeling in the air as we met up with several teachers that live in Santiago.  Although not my best time for running 3.1 miles, I excused myself on account of my lack of sleep and the traffic jam of runners in the beginning.  


Since Jessica and Christy walked most of the way, I had a chance to grab some free goodies and look around.  

One of the best parts was suddenly seeing a huge mob gathered around this small stage and dancing together.  Supposedly, before and after every run in Santiago, they do a pre- and post-stretch to music.  It reminded me of some of my zumba moves.  

1 comment:

  1. That must be my problem! I'm sure I'd be in much better shape if I only had a pre-workout band to help me get moving each day!! How fun! I still want to hear about the rest of the trip too, mi hija!

    ReplyDelete