Sunday, February 15, 2015

Kick Boxing

A month ago, Becky asked me if I would be interested in taking kick boxing classes with her twice a week.  Wanting a variation to my workouts, I happily agreed.  Every Tuesday and Thursday, we meet at her apartment (a 10-minute walk from my place) with whoever else is interested that day.  We are the two constants, though. 

Our instructor is Thomas, a fourth-grade teacher at COJOWA.  Having spent three years training in China, Thomas is literally a Kung Fu Master.  He's also socially awkward and ruffles a lot of feathers at school, but he is very encouraging and patient with us.  

We either do the classes on Becky's patio or in a larger cement sitting area outside of the apartment building.  That's always fun as people love to watch.  Just what I need when I'm trying to beat up a punching glove.  

Each week, we learn something new, and I have noticed my kicks getting more solid and higher. Pretty soon, no one will want to come near me with my fancy footwork and strong front jabs.  



Thomas really got into the pictures.  I really only wanted one but he kept posing and trying to make each shot look even more menacing.  He really is very limber.

No comments:

Post a Comment