Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Phone Calls

Last night, I tried purchasing my tickets to Medellin for next weekend.  Unfortunately, paying with an American credit card has its issues.  When I called the hotline and chose English, the man verified my confirmation code by using words for the letters: T as in Tango, W as in Whiskey.  For some reason, the whiskey gave me a chuckle.  Would that even be allowed in the States?

Alas, the charge in dollars would have been over three hundred DOLLARS more for the flight, so the man told me to try a Spanish representative.  Can I just say how patient these Colombians are?  The word for W?  Whiskey.  Over thirty minutes later, the deal was the same, so this morning, I left my house at six and took a bus to the airport.  It was lovely to be outside even earlier than normal, and I only had to wait five minutes in line to be helped.  With my tickets paid for, I aided a Brit behind me (she knew no Spanish) with her dilemma and just missed the teacher's bus.  Luck was on my side: as soon as I stepped out onto the main road, a student bus picked me up, and away I went.  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment