Sunday, August 31, 2014

Interesting Comics

I had to laugh when I saw these comics the kids turned in.  The point was to just draw something that involved negative numbers (in an effort to not only decorate my room but to also allow the artsy kids a chance to shine).  

 This girl spent hours plagiarizing Bill Watterson's work (obviously not understanding the assignment).  I recognized the comic from years of reading Calvin and Hobbes, not to mention that one of the students writing 'land of irony' on her paper caught my attention.  
 From what I've heard, saying 'hell' in middle/high school is no big deal, but this would've been a surprise from my kiddos last year.  (And, no, I do not understand the comic at all.)
Yes, shooting people, smiling about it, and having a dead guy with blood coming out is probably not the most appropriate topic for school, but it made me chuckle since a girl drew it.  

1 comment:

  1. To "sum" it up, a teacher assigned a fun and creative task and:
    1 student plagiarized.
    1 student created something totally incomprehensible.
    1 student drew a school shooting.
    That = 0 (neither positive nor negative).

    ReplyDelete