Sunday, August 3, 2014

I can't take it anymore!


This is the painting I look at every time I stand at my kitchen sink or sit to eat.  Although it definitely has a Caribbean flare to it, I cannot help but empathize with the fish.  Though I believe the artist painted them to be dead, they seem to be staring up in horror at a giant, bearded man with an ax and an evil snicker.  The fish on the bottom has apparently given up and is dejectedly awaiting his fate.  Since depression sinks in whenever I see the poor souls, I have decided that this is where I'll be hanging some of the pictures I brought with me.  As much as I'd love to give the fish a final resting place on the bottom of the ocean, the landlady might notice (who wouldn't?), so I'll have to stick with putting them under the bed to be seen only by Bella and whatever roaches decide to crawl through.  

No comments:

Post a Comment