Wednesday, August 13, 2014

The Start of School

The first day of school was yesterday.  I am teaching two classes each of sixth and seventh grade math.  Plus, I have a group of seven eighth-grade girls that I see twice a week to give remedial math help to.  The poor girls; that's their elective.  

 The kids were mostly well-behaved, but I can already tell there's going to be a couple students who add some spunk to class.  

 As I'm sure you can tell, my room is sparsely decorated.  The teachers back home would have a heart attack if they saw my stark white walls and lack of any foofy stuff.  Plus, due to the scantiness of decorations, I have a map taped to the wall (yes, taped, because all the walls are made of cement, and nothing, and I mean nothing, gets through them).  The place feels quite homey to me, especially with the blinds open and sunlight pouring in.    
 On the bus ride home, what was supposed to be a twenty-minute ride turned into an hour.  We still don't know the reason, but I guess the traffic just jams up occasionally.  I was wishing I had been on a motorcycle because they are able to zoom in and out of the small cracks in traffic.  
 If it hadn't been for my stinkin' high heels, I would've walked the mile it was backed up and gotten home much faster.  
Today I brought a book with me just in case, but of course, it was smooth sailing.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you can handle those boisterous kids! I don't see high heels as the answer!

    ReplyDelete